The pain is starting to return. I had a follow-up meeting with my doctor. I asked about third injection. He didn’t have very good news.
He said I should hold off for as long as possible before getting the third injection. As it turns out, they can only do three such injections in a year’s time. His thought was perhaps the nerve would heal over time, but he wasn’t very confident.
I asked him where we might go from here if the nerve doesn’t heal. His answer: surgery. Spinal fusion. But he encouraged me to hold off as long as possible before the third injection.